Pancakes – fluffy clouds of heaven
I love pancakes – always have and always will. There is just something about a stack of pancakes that melts my heart.
Low carb pancakes can be a bit scary – you can google “low carb pancake” recipes and find endless options. Some with coconut flour, others with almond flour, some with a combination of flours, even some with no flour and only eggs and cream cheese.
We’ve tried almost all the variations of low carb pancakes and finally found our favourite Recipes. Keeping in mind the carb content of these pancakes, we only have them as an occasional treat. The great think with these pancakes you can enjoy them sweet – with low carb strawberry jam, cream and berries or savoury – with creamy chicken livers, bacon or plain butter.
These pancakes are so versatile and easy to make I even make them when we visit family and they want to make normal pancakes. I even make the pancake mix as a premix and only add the wet ingredients when I want to make them. One batch of mix makes enough pancakes for 3 – 4 people, as they are very filling.
- ¼ Cup Coconut flour
- 3 Eggs
- 2 Tsp Xylitol (more to taste)
- ¼ Cup Butter
- ¼ Cup Cream
- ½ Tsp Vanilla extract
- ½ Tsp Baking powder
- ¼ Tsp Salt
- ¼ Tsp Xanthan Gum
- Mix all the wet ingredients together.
- Add the coconut flour, baking powder, xanthan gum and salt to the wet ingredients and mix. Do not over mix.
- In a well-oiled pan (I use coconut oil),add spoonful of batter and fry over low heat. It won’t bubble like normal wheat pancakes so check regularly.
- Flip once.
- Serve warm with low carb jam or nutspread.